Take your real estate career to the next level – join Triovest as Asset Manager in Calgary.
Reporting to the Vice President, Asset Management, the successful candidate will fill the full time position of Asset Manager at 707 10th Avenue SW, Calgary. In this role, you will be responsible for maximizing asset value for our clients through the prudent generation and management of cash flow and strategic property initiatives.
As part of your varied duties as an Asset Manager, you will:
- Play a key role in the creation and review of business plans and strategic initiatives for a portfolio of institutional grade commercial real estate assets.
- Oversee the completion of property budgets and annual business plans. Coordinate with property management, leasing, accounting and senior management on the deadlines and requirements for budgets and reforecasts.
- Oversee the completion of client reporting requirements by acting as liaison between asset management, property management, leasing, accounting and the client. Property reporting includes extensive review of leasing, financial returns, capital programs, NOI, occupancy, etc. on a property-by-property basis as well as on a client portfolio basis.
- Foster and maintain relationships with key clients. Liaise with clients on a regular basis to communicate performance of their assets as well as for approvals on transactions where applicable.
- Oversee external appraisal requirements of clients – including review and analysis of valuation parameters compared to market conditions and historical appraisal data.
- Coordinate property and portfolio level financial analysis and client approval recommendations as required.
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of asset strategies by providing insight and analysis of individual and/or multiple assets. Maintain and create sensitivity models related to property changes and/or potential initiatives.
- Coordinate with property management with respect to review and approval of capital expenditure transactions.
- Coordinate and review client presentation materials.
Ensure compliance with Asset Management Agreements, co-ownership agreements, and other executed agreements.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of new and established reporting databases.
- Compile and analyze market information.
- Coordinate with leasing and lease administration with respect to lease transactions.
- Participate in property tours and inspections for appraisals, building condition surveys, financing and environmental assessments.
Success as an Asset Manager calls for a solid professional background that includes:
- University degree in a related field, preferably in Business or Finance.
- Five (5) years of commercial real estate experience in one or more of the following areas: leasing, property management, appraisal, development, financial analysis in commercial real estate.
- A dedication to providing exceptional service to internal and external clients, every day.
- Common sense and logical thinking.
- Ability to formally articulate and present data.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is critical as is taking ownership.
- Experience with database and spreadsheet management software such as MS Office, Argus, Dyna, Yardi.
If you are an experienced professional looking to share in the success of an industry leader, please send your resume to email@example.com.