Reporting to the Vice President, Leasing, the successful candidate will fill the full-time permanent role of Director, Leasing, at 40 University Ave, Toronto. The primary responsibility of this role is for the leasing and marketing of a portfolio of office and industrial properties located throughout the downtown and suburban Greater Toronto Area.
As part of your varied duties as Director, Leasing you will:
- Maintain constant communication with the brokerage community and prospects directly, through meetings, presentations, real estate organizations, mailings, etc.
- Conduct Tours of vacant space for prospective tenants
- Leasing of assigned properties and/or space to prospective tenants
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the products being represented and undertake financial analysis of prospective deals
- Prepares financial analysis of prospective deals; proposals, offers to lease and other documents relating to incoming or existing tenancies and summarizes benefits and risks when presenting transactions for approval
- Prepare monthly and/or quarterly activity reports, broker mailings, leasing and/or income projections and market analyses
- Prepare annual budgets and assist with monthly and quarterly reports. Manage and monitor budgets to ensure targets are being met
- Handle offer to lease negotiations, prepare proposals and other documents relating to incoming or existing tenancies (renewals)
- Co-ordinates payment of deal and marketing related invoices as required
- Meets with tenants on a regular basis to promote Landlord/tenant relations
- Updates leasing information on corporate website
- Updates drawings on Space Database website
- Contribute to the overall business strategy of this portfolio to ensure that leasing objectives are achieved and a local presence is established within the industry
- Manage and appoint listing teams where applicable
- Provide comprehensive business solutions including strategic advice on: industry trends, market information, leasing activity, competitive set pricing and building conditions
- Collaborate and consult internally to deliver transactions and solutions that are aligned with client business needs and goals
- Work with other internal departments as required on tenant and building issues including: tenant construction and landlord’s work, tenant retention initiatives, arrears, subleases, early terminations etc.
Success as a Director, Leasing calls for a solid professional background that includes:
- Education required is a University degree and/or diploma preferable in a business major
- Ontario real estate license is mandatory
- Minimum of 10 years related industry experience
- Sound knowledge of legal documents, specifically offers to lease, lease agreements, sublease agreements, consent forms etc.
- Strong negotiation, organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand, interpret and analyze financials of lease deals and market research data
- Strong customer service orientation
- Takes initiative to develop and implement new processes that improve the overall effectiveness of the portfolio
- Marketing experience is an asset
- Must have a car for travel
If you are an experienced professional looking to share in the success of an industry leader, please send your resume to email@example.com.