Reporting to the Director, Building Operations, the successful candidate will fill the full-time position of Operations Manager at our Edmonton office. This position will oversee all physical operations of the portfolio including general and preventative property maintenance, construction coordination, public safety, and other contracted services.
- Develop and maintain programs related to HVAC, water treatment, preventative maintenance, energy management, environmental management, waste management, property maintenance, pest control, security and life safety systems, cleaning operations, tenant coordination and other pertinent aspects of physical operations.
- Supervision of tenant improvements and other construction within the portfolio.
- Play lead operations role in Disaster Recovery and Pandemic Planning.
- Working in conjunction with the property managers and Director, Building Operations to, develop and prepare annual operations budget, capital expenditures and long-term planning.
- Prepare operational reports.
- Ensure operational policies are being adhered to.
- Conduct building site inspections to audit compliance with various codes (building, health & safety, fire code, etc.
- Identify opportunities to ensure or improve quality of client/customer service and/or working with others to capitalize on such opportunities.
- Make recommendations and participate in making decisions which have direct impact on the broader work unit and indirect impact on final results of the organization.
- Provide coaching, guidance and feedback to develop the skills and performance of team members who perform related work.
- Supervision of up to 14 team members.
- Apply appropriate tact and diplomacy to discuss technical problems, resolve moderately sensitive situations, submit reports and make recommendations.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
- Education required is a minimum 4th class engineer certificate
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in operations, preferably in a commercial real estate environment
- Advanced knowledge of building systems
- Working knowledge of low pressure steam boilers is an asset
- Customer service focus with strong communication skills
- Ability to work well with senior management, various client groups, building officials, tenants and contractors
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret relevant operationalreports, blue prints, etc.
- Strong managerial and interpersonal skills
- Will be an independent thinker and exercise independent judgment in solving problems
- Decisions will be made within diversified standards working towards focused objectives
- Strong knowledge of Provincial Health & Safety Legislation and the ability to troubleshoot HVAC systems, electrical and automated systems controls
- Detail oriented with exceptional problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Interested individuals should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org