Take your successful career to the next level by building on your commercial leasing background – join Triovest as Director, Commercial Leasing, in Winnipeg.
Reporting to the Vice President and Senior Vice President, you will fill the full-time position of Director, Commercial Leasing, at City Place in Winnipeg, MB. The primary responsibility of this role is for the leasing and marketing of a portfolio of retail and office properties located in the Winnipeg area.
It is our expectation of all employees at Triovest to:
- Consistently act in alignment with the Company’s Core Values.
- Understand and contribute to the execution of the Company’s Vision, Mission, goals and strategy.
As part of your varied duties as a Director, Commercial Leasing, you will:
- Maintain constant communication with the brokerage community and prospects directly, through meetings, presentations, real estate organizations, mailings, etc.
- Conduct Tours of vacant space for prospective tenants.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the buildings being represented and undertake financial analysis of prospective deals.
- Prepare financial analysis of prospective deals; proposals, offers to lease and other documents relating to incoming or existing tenancies and summarize benefits and risks when presenting transactions for approval.
- Prepare monthly and/or quarterly activity reports, broker mailings, leasing and/or income projections and market analyses.
- Prepare annual budgets and assist with monthly and quarterly reports. Manage and monitor budgets to ensure targets are being met.
- Handle first level offer negotiations, prepare proposals and other documents relating to incoming or existing tenancies (renewals).
- Co-ordinate payment of deal and marketing related invoices as required.
- Meet with tenants on a regular basis to promote Landlord/tenant relations.
- Update leasing information on corporate website.
- Ensure that suite drawings are updated as necessary.
- Contribute to the overall business strategy of this portfolio to ensure that leasing objectives are achieved and a local presence is established within the industry.
- Manage and appoint listing teams where applicable.
- Provide comprehensive business solutions including strategic advice on: industry trends, market information, leasing activity, competitive set pricing and building conditions.
- Collaborate and consult internally to deliver transactions and solutions that are aligned with client business needs and goals.
- Work with other internal departments as required on tenant and building issues including: tenant construction and landlord’s work, tenant retention initiatives, arrears, subleases, early terminations etc.
Success as a Director, Commercial Leasing calls for a solid professional background that includes:
- Manitoba real estate license is mandatory.
- University degree with business major preferred.
- Seven years of related industry experience.
- Experience working for a landlord is an asset.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong knowledge of the local office and retail market.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally (i.e. owners, asset managers, etc.)
- Sound knowledge of legal documents, specifically offers to lease, lease agreements, sublease agreements, consent forms etc.
- Strong negotiation, organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand, interpret and analyze financials of lease deals and market research data.
- Take initiative to develop and implement new processes that improve the overall effectiveness of the portfolio.
- Must have a car for travel.
If you are an experienced professional looking to share in the success of an industry leader, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.