Your accounting experience in property management or commercial real estate will be the foundation of your success as a Property Accountant with Triovest in Calgary.
Reporting to the Divisional Controller, you will provide support to the Commercial Accounting team in the preparation of financial and management reports, quarterly forecasts and annual budgets.
As part of your varied duties as a Property Accountant, you will:
- Maintain the property management books for the assigned Industrial and Commercial portfolio.
- Review A/R and A/P reports and the general ledger.
- Review preliminary monthly statements and generate financial statements to complete the monthly reporting package.
- Complete budgeted revenue on Yardi/ Voyager, input the budget in Voyager and complete the final budget package.
- Complete the analysis of all capital costs incurred.
- Maintain year-end working paper files, finalize property year-end files, prepare recovery schedules and maintain, and report on, the promo fund.
Prepare and approve monthly and annual journal entries, A/R adjustments, and HST reconciliation.
- Review payable cheques, management fees, leasing fees, and chargeback invoices to tenants.
- Prepare annual Common Area Maintenance (CAM) & Tax final billing adjustments.
- Respond to tenant queries on CAM & Tax recovery billings.
- Review rent rolls, including tenant set-up.
- Prepare year-end audit working paper files, annual budgets, monthly depreciation, amortization schedules, monthly financial statements, bank statements, management reports and analytical reports.
Success as a Property Accountant calls for a solid professional background that includes:
- A university degree or college diploma, preferably in Accounting.
- Completion of the 3rd level of the CGA or CMA program, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 2 years of direct experience within property management and/or commercial real estate.
- Dedication to providing exceptional customer service, every day.
- Advanced MS Office skills, specifically in Excel and Word.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Yardi experience is an asset.
If you are an experienced professional looking to share in the success of an industry leader, please send your resume to email@example.com.