If you possess 7 years’ of operations experience in commercial real estate and have superior customer service skills; join Triovest!
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will fill the full-time position of Operations Manager at 65 Queen Street West, an A Class office and retail property in downtown Toronto. In this role, you will be supervising the building operations services for the property and leading the onsite building operations and maintenance teams along with third-party contractors in areas such as HVAC, general and preventative property maintenance, janitorial and security services, construction coordination, life safety, and other contracted services.
Additionally, providing superior levels of customer service and having a strong focus on tenant retention, will be a key aspect of this role.
As part of your varied duties as an Operations Manager, you will:
- Ensure all maintenance and building operations are completed on time, efficiently and effectively and provide ongoing recommendations to improve the operation of the buildings and service to our clients.
- Develop and maintain programs related to HVAC, water treatment, preventative maintenance, energy management, environmental management, waste management, property maintenance, pest control, security and life safety systems, cleaning operations, tenant coordination and other pertinent aspects of physical operations.
- Ensure all tenant concerns are followed up on in a timely and effective manner and that the operations team are pro-active in dealing with the concerns.
- Ensure that policies and procedures such as asbestos, halon management plans, contractor guidelines, safe work procedures etc., are reviewed, consistently implemented and updated as required.
- Direct the operations team to maintain daily logs of all equipment and operating systems and ensure building codes are adhered to.
- Monitor the physical operation of the mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and life safety equipment. Assist with any service requirements.
- Ensure safety of all employees, tenants and invitees thereby mitigating liability.
- Oversee the testing of all life safety systems and equipment. Engage third party contractors to address deficiencies where required.
- Ensure that water treatment testing is completed correctly and operational limits are maintained.
- Ensure all Building Automation System (BAS) limits are properly programmed.
- Maintain on-call procedures and ensure that the manual is up to date and the team has received adequate training.
- Ensure preventative maintenance procedures are in place for all equipment and that PM is being completed.
- Provide oversight of turnkey tenant construction and base building capital programs including budgeting, pricing and supervising construction work, where required.
- Ensure policies and procedures are in place to maintain compliance of the Triovest health and safety program. Reports from the program are reviewed and follow up on any deficiencies and rectify if needed.
- Review reports from the tenant request system (Angus Anywhere) and ensure team is performing in accordance with Best Practices for Tenant Calls.
- Complete full property inspections on a regular basis and provide recommendations and budget pricing for major operating initiatives and other improvements. Provide input in the preparation of annual operating budgets where appropriate.
- Ensure “best in class” property management practices are constantly implemented within the approved operating budget at the building.
- Provide direction, guidance and mentorship to the building operations team to ensure ongoing skills development and the effective fulfillment of their duties.
- Liaise with government inspectors regarding regulatory compliance and inspections of site.
Success as an Operations Manager calls for a solid professional background that includes:
- Education required is a minimum 4th class engineer certificate.
- Seven years’ experience in operations, preferably in a commercial real estate environment.
- Dedication to providing exceptional customer service, everyday.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Advanced knowledge of building systems.
- Working knowledge of low pressure steam boilers is an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with senior management, various client groups, building officials, tenants and contractors.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret relevant operational reports, blue prints, etc.
- Will be an independent thinker and exercise independent judgment in solving problems.
- Decisions will be made within diversified standards working towards focused objectives.
- Strong knowledge of Provincial Health & Safety Legislation and the ability to troubleshoot HVAC systems, electrical and automated systems controls.
- Detail oriented with exceptional problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
If you are an experienced professional looking to share in the success of an industry leader, please send your resume to email@example.com.