Reporting to the Vice President, Property Management, the successful candidate will fill the full-time position of Property Manager. This position will be directly responsible for an industrial portfolio in Metro Vancouver and accountable for the operation, management and administration of the buildings as well as the managing of annual operating and capital budgets to ensure landlord’s objectives are achieved.
- Responsible for ensuring all Property Management policies, procedures and operations are conducted effectively.
- Ensure that occupant problems are rectified in a prompt, effective and cost efficient manner and that a high standard of rapport and communication is consistently achieved.
- Manage all aspects of the day to day operations by liaising with staff in areas such as accounting, leasing, asset management and tenant services.
- Develop, motivate, recognize and administer staff.
- Develop, administer and submit annual operating plans and property budgets, including capital improvements in a timely fashion.
- Provide timely and accurate reports on property operations as required.
- Conduct and document building inspections, as well as follow up to ensure all items identified are addressed in a timely manner.
- Monitor and manage receivables, collection of all rental income and generate monthly reports.
- Enforce contract and lease agreements while administering each property in accordance with approved budgets and operating policies.
- Ensure property security, safety and operating systems are in accordance with local codes, by-laws and policies.
- Ensure that that corporate governance, environmental, health & safety policies and procedures are compliant.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- University degree or a CPM or RPA designation is an asset.
- Property Management license registered in BC.
- Five years (5) related commercial property management experience.
- A dedication to providing exceptional customer service, every day.
- Knowledge of operational procedures, general maintenance, construction, contract negotiation, accounting and Microsoft Office applications.
- Positive and pro-active attitude with strong team building, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven organizational skills; able to cope with changing client needs and deliver successful results within agreed upon timeframes.
- An assertive self-starter, self-motivated, hands-on mentality with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills, detail oriented with exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities.
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.