As part of your varied duties as an Assistant Property Manager, you will:
- Process preliminary monthly rent roll reports and communicate ongoing rental billing changes to tenants.
- Prepare vacancy notices and arrears reports.
- Deposit rental cheques to appropriate bank accounts, code tenant cheques, photocopy cheques and record cash receipts to tenant’s accounts.
- Monitor and manage receivables and assist the Property Manager in rent collection, provide both verbal and written communication with tenants.
- Prepare tenant receivable reports to Property Manager.
- Process accounts payable invoices including administering invoice holdback where applicable, match invoices to approved purchase orders, respond professionally to various invoice payments inquires by property management staff or external vendors.
- Prepare monthly accruals.
- Assist in the preparation of construction related documents, including bid summaries and contracts, insurance and WSIB.
- Coordinate and finalize building maintenance contracts, ensure compliance.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly management reports, including the updating of stacking plans.
- Assist the Property Manager in the budget preparation of operating expenses and capital expenditure working documents.
- Provide assistance to the Property Manager by keeping on top of deadlines/commitments and pro-active follow-up.
- Assist in the organization of tenant functions/ events.
- Liaise with tenants to resolve problems/complaints and requests.
- Establish good working relationships with internal and external contacts such as tenants, contractors etc.
- Overview of Service Connect reports to ensure tenant calls have been dealt with on a timely basis.
Success as an Assistant Property Manager calls for a solid professional background that includes:
- A post-secondary College diploma and/or University degree in a related field.
- Two years’ experience in commercial real estate or property management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other property management applications.
- Dedication to providing exceptional customer service, every day.
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to cope with changing needs and deliver successful results within the time frame.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Self-motivated, professional and flexible.
- Ability to work both independently and collaborate in a team.
If you are an experienced professional looking to share in the success of an industry leader, please send your resume to email@example.com.